Author Topic: c/n 088, N4139D  (Read 1585 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 088, N4139D
« on: February 04, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »
6 picstures check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N4139D or anything click on      http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search     Enter ?

c/n 088, built 05/58 as model H-391B, original registry N4139D Factory installed optional mufflers sold 06/58, Western Newspaper Union (F.W. Perry) NY sold '60, James Martin install Britain Autopilot CT sold '06, Airborne Attitudes llc (Morgan Perry) WA placed on floats incident damaged windstorm no details @ Brier WA 12/06 sold '09, rebuilt '09 (retained exhaust inductor rebuilt using modern materials) James Perry, Registered at Monroe WA, the a/c now appears to be based at Arlington WA

Anyone know if this is grandfather to son to grandson?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:27:07 AM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 088, N4139D
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:09:30 AM »
I found a picture of c/n 088 a couple weeks ago and while trying to identify the photo I found another taken last july.

This is kind of an interesting Helio instead of converting the Helio to H-395A configuration the exhaust augmentor was retained and rebuilt using more modern materials, I think one of the main things was using perforated stainless steel instead of aluminum in the inductor actually I would like to know more. I think it may still have the original muffler under the cowl (I'd like to take a look under the cowl). It is reportedly probably the quietest Helios in the fleet

I remember hearing a story that when landing at one of the small FBOs for fuel or whatever, the operator didn't even hear him taxi up. didn't even know he was there until he knocked on the door.

Each of the last four pictures has a little bit less blue I wonder if they are getting ready to paint it.

I will open the two photos at the bottom above.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:15:09 AM by Doug Johnson »
Doug