News:

Welcome to FlyHelio.com. The online forum and website of the Helio Aircraft Association, Inc.

Main Menu

c/n 078, N987PH

Started by Doug Johnson, January 31, 2015, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Johnson

4 pics but nothing recent. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find.

Previous posts about YV-C-FLK or anything click on      http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search     Enter ?

c/n 078, built 02/58  as model H-391B, original registry YV-T-JTS delivery export reg marks painted on A/C but ntu Cesar Padron (1 of 10), (assigned YV-C-FLT ntu) failed export to Venezuela dereg placed in storage sold '58, rereg as N178G Joaquin Garcia FL sold '61, James Fair TX sold '62, Fred Bush MI sold '64, Rainy Pass Lodge (Bud & Dennis Branham) AK (2nd of 9 acquired) sold '72, Bud Branham AK (Adventures Unlimited) sold '74, Clarence Ledoux AK sold '76, Gary Archer AK sold '80, rereg as N987PH Paul Hoffman OR sold '08, Tom Buce Kimberly, OR

Anyone know the current status condition of this A/C  the last pics I found were in early 2000's something about abandoned airplanes but last sale was in 2008 and it still has a current valid registry.

A/C below thought to be c/n 078 as N178G with Branhams in 70's. Anyone know for sure?

'98 photo Burns OR, 80 miles from Kimberly, OR

Doug

Au Miner

So, I am looking at the first photo...It appeared on the AK bushwheels website, and Bushwheels were not around when Branham owned that plane...It is, however, N number registered and the first numbers look like N17...

Doug Johnson

added pic of c/n 078 as YV-T-JTS

opened above
Doug

Foster

It seems like it's in better condition now than it was before.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Foster

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

yukonranger

This airplane looks like it has aileron bearing access panels with screws. My Helio, a 1400 series, has access panels with clips. Do all the 1200 series have screws attaching the round access panels outboard and inbound of the aileron bearings?

https://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=10192;image

Kevin Dunn

To answer your question, all Helio ailerons have the same access covers that are attached with one screw per cover. These covers are not standard.

Additionally, this isn't a 1200 series. It is a 391B.

Kevin

yukonranger

Thanks. I am not referring the the panels on the aileron but rather the ones onboard and outboard of the aileron

Kevin Dunn

OK. Thanks for the clarification. I have not seen any Helios with screws attaching the covers in the wingtip. Most of the time they have the panel with the piece in the middle of the panel that slides up to secure the panel, or they have the panels that pop in place like on a Citabria/Cub etc.

Kevin