Author Topic: For you out there in Helio-land  (Read 10682 times)

Gordon Cragg

Re: For you out there in Helio-land
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 07:00:47 PM »
The slide I got off eBay is the one you posted. I will put the "clean" image on as soon as I can get it printed out and then post it. Doug, I agree totally about the tutorial. Will Ware is a Southwest F/O that put together a site for the Piper J-3 Cub...so that is how we got together and started the Helio site. I honestly do not know all of the "ins and outs" of a Simple Machines site. I will promise everyone to work on it and see what we come up with. I would appreciate any help/advice we can all come up with to make this a better website for all!!!
Gordon Cragg

gearedone

Re: For you out there in Helio-land
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
This was flown at the Old Canton Airport around the time E.W. Wiggins loaned Helio it's facilities to fabricate the H-503 ( no misprint) I have documentation to prove that with correspondence from Lynn Bollinger. They use the twin airframe to build up the Stallion later on in 1963.

The Helio H-503 was upgraded to Lycoming IO-540-A2B and offered with Riley Rajay turbocharging.. and there was a hydro-airfoil device placed between both engines to keep airflow attached to that portion of the wing at high AOA..

Stephen