News:

Welcome to FlyHelio.com. The online forum and website of the Helio Aircraft Association, Inc.

Main Menu

c/n 1218, TF-ORK

Started by Doug Johnson, April 08, 2015, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Johnson

1 picture check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about TF-ORK or anything click on  http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1218, built 12/66 as model H-295 original registry N6325V AGB corp (Gus Bullock Jr dealer) VT '67, New England Lumber co (Fredrick Peyron) NH  placed on Airglas 3600 Skis sold '73, dereg export as TF-ORK '74 Flugfelagio Ernir hf (Ernir Air ltd) Isafjordur Iceland accident while on approach to landing with heavily loaded aircraft the pilot got behind the power curve and landed short @ Bildudalur Iceland 7/74, dbr dereg 9/78, one wing still stored in Iceland barn

Louis, do you think this Helio was the one in the barn? Where was the barn?

Can anyone translate this there appears to be a couple sentences in the middle about the accident.

editable pdf of pnp above is below as 014_1.pdf
Doug

Louis

Yes i think this is the one.  I saw a photo of it with the wings broken to the ground.  The accident was a behind the power curve approach that end up short of the strip.  Full load.  Only one wing was in the barn.  the grentleman who was flying it had an aviation outfit with maybe a bi-motor and a 185.  A report was filed with the Aviation accident Authorithy of Iceland.  I searched the database but couold not find it.

I have a couple of email adresses from Iceland.  i will check if they are still acitve

Doug Johnson

Thanks Louis, I did an edit above to the accident report
Doug

Steve Williams

The Directorate of Civil Aviation, Icelandic Aircraft Registers 1976 and 1977, record the owner as Guðmundur Sigurbergsson of Svínafelll, Hornafírðl, Iceland. The printing is not very clear, so the address is my best guess.
The register can be found at https://air-britain.com/pdfs/civil-registers-bv/TF-Iceland/1977_TF-BV.pdf
     The 1978 register records the owner as Flugfélagið Ernir h.f (Eagle Air)., Ísafjaröaflugvelll, Iceland. Note that the name translates to Eagle Air. Again, my best guess at the address, but the inclusion of 'flug' leads me to think it's an airfield. All three of these entries show no valid CoA. TF-ORK is absent from later registers, so presumably canx by1979.
     Eagle Air are still active, flying a Jetstream 31 (TF-ORC) and Dornier 328 (TF-ORI).