Author Topic: c/n 1710, N74MW  (Read 2066 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 1710, N74MW
« on: June 06, 2015, 08:52:49 AM »
6 pictures check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N74MW or anything click on   http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1710, built 06/74 as model HT-295, original registry N68878 John Roberts SC (dealer) sold'74, John Maytag CO sold '77, P.B. Odom OK sold '80, Kendalwood corp (Phil Ashmore) OK sold '81, Paul Odom OK sold '85, Steven Kaye (MD) OR sold '96, rereg N74MW Michael Warn (Management West) OR rename '02, Little Airplanes llc (Michael Warn) OR sold '05, Helio Aircraft llc (Jon Dwight) AZ sold '06, Avions Frouses llc (Paul Ridgway) Evanston, WY

As always any further information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 05:32:26 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 1710, N74MW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:12:25 AM »
added 1st photo above in original color scheme
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 10:05:25 AM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 1710, N74MW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:30:05 PM »
c/n1710 is for sale. Anyone know what the asking price is? I saw this below in blue at the sale site. I found kind of Interesting. Apparently D, Maytag and co. put this together and since they sold the Helio Courier part of the type certificate they no longer need it. If they can afford it the 'Helio Alaska' should probably try to acquire it. Then work on all the speed mod tweaks figure out how to beef up the nose wheel like the cessna 206 maybe add a TIO540 so it can go high an fairly fast

This is surely the nicest Helio Courier in existence! It was updated by Helio Aircraft LLC as a pre-production prototype with a modern interior design, paint scheme and avionics panel, at a cost of over $225,000 (over and above an original acquisition cost of $200,000). It is no longer needed by Helio Aircraft LLC so it is offered for sale.

I kind of like this simple paint scheme, it seems to be a popular style lately.

Personally I think the asymmetrical U-10D panel is a better panel than this 1400 series shape especially for the taildragger.

I'd probably have to go to school for a week to learn to operate a panel like this.
This is long way from the panels I flew with.

I also noticed the 'Helio Aircraft llc' logo on the tail of te a/c in the last photo above and the Yokes in the picture of the instrument panel. I will post the picture of the panel and open it here.

If you were interested in that style of yokes it might be worth trying to contact someone there at Helio aircraft and seeing if they would give you a contact to purchase some.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 09:48:17 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug