Author Topic: c/n 2535, N777LF  (Read 1302 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 2535, N777LF
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:11:35 PM »
5 pictures check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N777LF or anything click on   http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 2535, built 10/66 as model H-250, original export registry CF-UKS J. Thibaudeau & Fils Peintre QC installed Hartzell HC-92ZK-1D propeller new paint scheme '82, rereg C-FUKS sold '94, rereg C-GRUK Margrith Dahlstrom AB sold '95, rereg BC sold '98, dereg export rereg N777LF DFJ inc (Dean Jennings) NV rename '98 to Dean Jennings (1st Helio of 2) OK sold '03, Aeolian corp (Joseph Blanks) TX accident the pilot completed a local 35 minute flight. Returning to his 1,800' long by 80' wide grass airstrip, the pilot made a successful stop-and-go landing, and then elected to stay in the pattern. During the second approach, while landing to the north (runway 35), the pilot touched down long and decided he did not have sufficient runway to stop, so he elected to add power to abort the landing. The STOL airplane became airborne; however, the airplane was not able to clear the trees at the departure end of the airstrip. The airplane impacted trees and terrain and came to rest about 510' beyond the departure end of the airstrip. The left wing separated from the airframe. The pilot, who had accumulated 173 hrs in the make and model, reported no mechanical problems with the airplane. The weather was clear and the wind was calm at the time of the mishap @ Woodville TX 8/06, current registry valid but no record of repairs

Anyone know the current status of this A/C

Barry Collman who is one of the contributors to this list says that it is very unlikely in England that the registry G-FUKS would have ever been allowed to be taken up, let alone remain on the A/C for 12 years.

As always any further information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:00:39 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 2535, N777LF
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 05:20:02 AM »
Found a picture dated '03 of c/n 2535 I looked at the FAA registry and see that it has a current registry thru '22.

My newest FAA records are around '12 at that time there were no records of repair.

Anyone know what the current status of this a/c is.

I will open the photo in the queue above.

Doug

paullapoint

Re: c/n 2535, N777LF
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 06:47:40 AM »
The third and last pictures are at Oshkosh.