Author Topic: c/n 1209, N533LD  (Read 774 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 1209, N533LD
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »
No picture check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N533LD or anything click on  http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1209, built 01/66 as model H-295 original registry N6315V (ntu used on c/n 1207, special registry requested) N533LD Logan Dickerson (Dickerson Enterprises inc) PA sold '68, Roland Getz Inc OH accident during the takeoff run the pilot lost directional control of aircraft it ground looped overloaded the gear and it collapsed @ Mansfield OH 6/68 sold '71, Alfred Wright (Al Wright Air Service) AK (2nd of 11) sold '73, Bob Burseil (Al Wright Air Service) AK sold '76, Rory McFarland CO removed cushions and back rest on bench seat and installed individually adjustable Cessna 152 seats on bench accident aircraft ground looped during the landing roll and the gear collapsed. The pilot had misapplied the brakes and rudder during the landing. The aircraft had cross-wind landing gear @ Longmont CO 01/77 placed on Federal hyd wheel skis and installed Rajay/Riley turbochargers accident the aircraft was delivering hay for a stranded horse, dropping 5 bales per flight, 1 bale at a time. On the 19th drop, after 4 hours and 15 minutes of flight time since refueling, the engine lost power. During a forced landing in deep snow, the gear collapsed and the left wing hit a small tree and the engine separated from its top mounts during the accident. An investigation revealed the fuel tanks were empty, with the pilot stating that the fuel gauges indicated the respective tanks were half full at the time of impact. No leakage or siphoning was evident @ Baggs WY 3/83, Rory McFarland Boulder, CO reported dbr '87 reg canceled

Any pictures floating around Wright Air ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:26:41 AM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson 1

Re: c/n 1209, N533LD
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:18:56 AM »
I found this picture at Wright air, you can only see the N5 of the registry.

I looked through all my pictures and the ones that have an N5 twice and none have the same the color scheme.

Anyone know for sure if it is registry N533LD?

Anyone have a better copy of the same picture?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:24:26 AM by Doug Johnson 1 »