Author Topic: HELIO H-700 AVAILABLE  (Read 4225 times)

Heliojoe

HELIO H-700 AVAILABLE
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:29:36 PM »
Completely gone through and restored. Total Time Airframe & Engine approx 900 hrs. Lycoming TIO-540-J2B, 350HP. "NO GEARBOX" and common engine. Everything was removed from the interior and replaced with new SoundEx soundproofing. All new "NOMEX" fireproof material on all 4 seats including the Sling seat. Tundra Tires. Paint is satin black 2 part epoxy with UV protection. $85,000.00 was just spent on the all new "Glass Panel" which includes:
GARMIN G500 PFD/MFD/PF/IF, FLIGHT GUIDANCE  SYSTEM, CHART VIEW, SYNTHETIC VISION, GDL 60 SATELLITE DATA WEATHER UPLINK, DUAL GARMIN 430W GPS/COMM, GMA 340 AUDIO PANEL WITH 6 PLACE INTERCOM, GTX330 MODE S TRANSPONDER WITH TRAFFIC. AUTOPILOT IS A S-TEC 65 WITH ALTITUDE PRE-SELECT & FLIGHT DIRECTOR, FULLY COUPLED WITH GLIDE SLOPE CAPTURE. ONLY THE THROTTLE REQUIRES CONTROL AS THE S-TEC 65 FLIES ANY APPROACH, MISSED APPROACH, HOLDING PATTERNS & PROCEDURE TURNS. ELECTRONICS INTERNATIONAL MVP-50P ENGINE MONITOR SYSTEM WITH FUEL FLOW, EGT, CHT, TIT, MAP, VAC, VOLTS & AMPS. 406 MHZ ELT. 6 PLACE OXYGEN.
Can arrange export to other countries and will discuss delivery. Tailwheel Endorsement, High Performance & BFR sign-offs, available. $310K. Contact.......heliojoe@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:33:57 PM by Heliojoe »

mrhelio

Re: HELIO H-700 AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Welcome aboard Joe, great to have you here...

I do find however that the H700 will be hard to move at $310K, that is far too steep for any Helio in the distressed aviation market now..

Cheers,
Stephen

Bryan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »
Welcome aboard Joe, great to have you here...

I do find however that the H700 will be hard to move at $310K, that is far too steep for any Helio in the distressed aviation market now..

Cheers,
Stephen

Curious...what should a Helio like that be selling for? Its avionics look pretty pricey anyway.

gearedone

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:12 AM »
There are 3 things of critical importance here regarding the H-700.

1) Fuel burn, look at the Navajo Chieftain, at cruise 40 GPH is the norm which gives you 180 Knots.

2) The 700 is a heavy "bird" for a Helio, average empty weight is around 2500 pounds. Most of them approach 2700 pounds..)

3) Why on earth would you attempt to install a $100,000.00 panel in an airplane that you'll never use. I know of very few instances where you fly this airplane in the conditions that require a Citation panel, MFD, MMD, and sophisticated 3-axis auto-pilot. That's just plain nuts in my book. One more item to consider, you will never achieve sufficient cruise numbers to equal 16.5- 18.5 GPH in an airplane with low wing loading. So as far as price, they will be lucky to market it for $135,000.00. In conclusion I cannot for the life of me justify an airplane in the Utility STOL category in Class B airspace being utilized for more than 150-200 hours a year. You had better have a healthy bank account for such endeavors. If the airplane were approved with the Rolls Royce/Allison 250-B17F you just might get away with it, other than that, the current market for specialized airplanes is nearly non-existent.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:09:46 AM by gearedone »
"The Porter is the crate the Stallion came in"

Stephen, Great Lakes Helio, 920-203-2079

Doug Johnson

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
There is one way it might sell a little higher say 200-235 thousand if someone has a need for the avionics swaps and resells the Helio. These figures were just pulled out of the air it would take some real pencil work and a need to make happen.

Although from what I've seen being proposed in the electronics field and as fast as it moves that option won't last.

Already the experimental market, minimum IFR glass panels, are nearly as cheap and lighter than steam gauges and mechanical gyro panels. I would have nothing less than a minimum IFR panel and I see an awful lot of 295's with Auto.

But in the end either weight reduction with 295 gear and dataplate or experimental Rolls Royce/Allison 250-B17F is where it should go.

I did a bunch of soundproofing but it was as much to insulate the cabin to keep from freezing my rear off in AK. But it does carry a weight penalty.

With whats been done to it its going to be on the high end of those average weight figures.
Doug

Bryan

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:08:30 PM »
Thanks,

Does the issues of spare parts availability for helio aircraft dictate a "hit" to prices in general? From the little I have skimmed from the forums it seems this is an issue.

gearedone

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »
I would guess that any aircraft like the Meyers 200, Helio, Aeronca, and Swift the parts issue could be an eye sore as with aircraft no longer produced. The problem with Helio is that there never was a surplus of parts even during it's heyday in the sixties or seventies. Most of that was for military procurement.

There is however more availability for the 700/800 than let's say for the H295/H250.

But only 18 were built between 1983-84 so that makes the issue a discomforting one..
"The Porter is the crate the Stallion came in"

Stephen, Great Lakes Helio, 920-203-2079