Author Topic: Helio H-550 or AU-24A Stallion blueprints?  (Read 2899 times)

vozdushniy

Helio H-550 or AU-24A Stallion blueprints?
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:37:01 PM »
Hello,
I'd be very glad to produce a scale model of AU-24A Stallion ( as we did with some other airplanes: http://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/lh-models/ ). It will be done definitely, as this aircraft is sooo cool, but I'd like to use more resources than the general arrangement plan from Stallion's manual and its detailed drawing of sliding doors. Besides photographs, of course. Are there any decent blueprints available?

Thanks,
your new member,
LiftHere!

Jason Stephens

Re: Helio H-550 or AU-24A Stallion blueprints?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:39:08 PM »
You guys make kits of really neat and rare aircraft.  I've been trying to find a Helio Courier kit for ages with no luck.  If you make a Stallion and a Courier I'll buy one of each!

vozdushniy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:00:06 AM »
Thanks,
the decals for Courier are printed, they wait for the kit, that again waits for another kit to be finished - the TurboBeaver. There is something interesting in those turboprop noses...

Well, I'd continue searching...

Jason Stephens

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »
Excellent!  It looks like it is available through Blackbird models in the UK?  I'll contact them.

vozdushniy

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 09:42:32 AM »
The Stallion is finished - it is the first cast model:
https://ibb.co/KmP2Dq2

Jason Stephens

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 04:07:43 PM »
Awesome! 

I bought two of the Courier kits and they look really great.  I haven't had time to assemble them yet.  I will for sure buy a Stallion kit to go with them.

Now I just need to find a set of Edo floats to go on one of the Courier models. ;)

Louis

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 09:44:34 PM »
I am surprised you can do molds to make molding of so few kits.  How the mold are made ?  Metal or something like epoxy or plaster ?!?

When i was your, there was a guy making kayak molds for rotomolding nearby.  He would do the plug in wathever he wanted, wood, plater, anything, and then he was putting this plug into a big bath of oil, il i remember.  With a lot of 5 cents in the bottom.  Then with some current, he would do like plating of the plug.  After many weeks, he was able to construct a good thickness.  He now had a mold that was made in metal.  For rotomolding kayaks.

Everything was fit into a van, and he was traveling the USA with the van molding Kayak direct at the locations they were ordered.  He sold thousand of them.  And he got tired of being out of home.

Louis

391stol

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 10:43:52 PM »
Why would you waste your time with toys when real life parts are what is needed?  There is is more money to be made there.   

vozdushniy

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 05:42:27 AM »
Now I just need to find a set of Edo floats to go on one of the Courier models. ;)

Those floats are contained in LHM030 Cessna 195 kit, and some other Helio Courier derivatives are planned: the one with rectangular window and fin fillet, then the Helioshark tricycle airplane... And, yes - the H-500 Twin Helio

Aviador

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 10:42:18 PM »
Why would you waste your time with toys when real life parts are what is needed?  There is is more money to be made there.

That sounds insulting to some of us... >:(