Author Topic: 28% Helio Courier  (Read 5237 times)

Aviador

28% Helio Courier
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:36 PM »
Hello,

To those interested..

I am working on  28% Scale Helio, here are some pics

Aviador

Re: 28% Helio Courier
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »
It intended to fly in RC Scale Events, Hopefully it will fly like the real thing!

RCarter

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:01 PM »
Very cool.  I can't help but admire the H391 model on the shelf in the second to last picture.  Do you plan on integrating working slats and interceptors into the build?  I look forward to seeing more pictures as the build progresses.

This might call for a new category in the gallery section.  Perhaps a Helio models photo archive?

Doug Johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »
I'm impressed with the size of your project. I'm also curious about the size why 28%. Are you working with a set of engineering drawings?

I've been told that aerodynamics don't scale down in all respects will you still use the same 23012 airfoil and movable slats.

A while back I found some pictures of a model marked OB-M-492 at http://www.allmetalplane.com/
is that the same model on the shelf that the previous post comments on. Ill attach the picture of the model.

It has working slats and I've always been curious if they are identical slats to the full size Helio.

So many of the slats merely slide forward lift up or fold out to give you a slotted airfoil with a little
more chord, while the Helio moves forward and down to both give a slot and change the airfoil.

Doug
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:18:26 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Aviador

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:54:53 PM »
Hello Doug,

Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Actually I would like have it done at 1/3rd (33%) but that size will be unmanageable, not to mention the higher cost of engine,and additional radio gear.

The pictures you posted, are actually a 1/6th scale Helio I built long time ago when I used to serve with JAARS People, yes, slats DO work tha same as the real Helio, I duplicated its mechanisms.

Slats will have their own linkages, rollers, tomahawks and their respective torque tube

Aviador

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »
Actually, I would like to finish it as this one a gentleman posted elsewhere in this site..   Any idea how is this project coming along?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:34:15 PM by Aviador »

rmartell

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
Engine is mounted, gear is on. Putting together the many interior pieces. Trying to get it ready for paint. I am trying to have it painted by June and in the air shortly thereafter.
Dash is on its third, draft laser cut prior to laser cutting the final product. Still undecided about how to cover the seating. Looking for more of a military feel...olive drab.
Toying with invasion stripes with star and bar on bright aluminum paint.

Aviador

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 07:36:26 PM »
Actually, I would like to finish it as this one a gentleman posted elsewhere in this site..   Any idea how is this project coming along?

This week's progress!

Aviador

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 05:14:30 PM »
28%  Helio Stab coming along!