Author Topic: Doug Johnsons helio list  (Read 5035 times)

391stol

Doug Johnsons helio list
« on: March 14, 2014, 02:12:19 AM »
I wanted to bring attention to Doug Johnson and his helio list He has been working on for quite a while locating helios.   His effort on this list is admiring and should be thanked.   He has worked on this list for the helio community and has done so without asking for nothing more than just self gratification. Which more than most in the helio community.  Thank you Doug.

Louis

Re: Doug Johnsons helio list
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:34:13 AM »
Yes.  He made a considerable work that will benefits us all.

Thanks

Louis

lbpa18

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:15 AM »
The lists, as well as keeping track of STCs and who has control over what has been quite a help. Im sure there are many hours in all of these for everyone's benefit. Thanks Doug.

Namaolen

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »
When I was looking for a Helio I compiled a simple list and I know for a fact that Doug spent many days & nights researching data. I courage everyone who may have info on specific Helios to post or send the data to Doug. This list contains a lot of history and gives everyone an idea of how many are still flying.    It's also encouraging to see how many are currently being rebuilt. 
Thanks Doug

1411 Len

rmartell

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 05:46:46 PM »
Agreed, thanks Doug.

Ken Berger

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 10:31:26 AM »
Yes, agreed, a great job Doug!

Ken
Ken

airshiptv

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 07:18:22 AM »
And I add my thanks for a job well done.  And the question is just how many Helios do we think are actively flying?
I talked to the folks at Pima County couple of weeks ago.  The Helios are on the way out soon.  Being replaced by a Soloy Cessna 206.  Planes will mostly likely be sold and head off to a 3rd world country.  They love the Helios, just a matter of long term maintenance.  They have been flying about 1800 hrs a year.  We flew a demo flight for them in January of 1999, a few months after we got our camera installed.  They bought their first plane, a factory Tri-Gear, that spring.

Gordon Cragg

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »
After I started the FlyHelio website one of the goals was a Helio history. In my opinion Doug Johnson is the our resident Helio Historian. Lots of work and it is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks Doug!!
Gordon CVragg

Jason Stephens

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »
For Sure Doug, and several other people here, have been a big help with my H-395 project.  Yes, Doug I still need to send you photos! :)