Author Topic: 60th Anniversary of Helio Aircraft Celebration-Oshkosh 2014  (Read 7030 times)

Nmackey295

• New Poster
  • Helio lover for many years.
  • View Gallery
60th Anniversary of Helio Aircraft Celebration-Oshkosh 2014
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:11:57 PM »
Low and Slow Aviation, LLC
is pleased to announce the

60th Anniversary of Helio Aircraft Celebration
“Continuing a Legacy of Excellence”

at Oshkosh AirVenture 2014

We wish to thank Gordon Cragg and FlyHelio.com for partnering with us and promoting this very special event
as well as the Experimental Aircraft Association
for their generous invitation to host our gathering.

Please make your plans to attend now!
Ten years ago seventeen aircraft lined the “Helio Highway” in Vintage parking
and at the EAA Seaplane Base.

It is our hope that at least 25 aircraft will appear this coming summer.

Please check back periodically for details.
If you have any questions, please email Nathan Mackey at heliocourier@gmail.com.

Here are some things to consider as you plan your trip...

1. All aircraft flying in must adhere to the EAA special approach instruction to fly into Wittman Regional Airport (KOSH) for the EAA convention.  EAA will be providing a special parking area for the Helio Type Club. EAA fees apply to attendees, daily or week-long passes to the EAA Convention.

2. Each attendee will be in charge of securing their own lodgings.  You may camp by your aircraft or secure a lodging at an off-airport location.  In the past the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh has rented out door rooms to attendees.  These are best secured early before room runs out.

3. We are working on organizing special forums provided by recognized experts in the Helio community regards to safe STOL Helio flying and proper Helio maintenance.  Also we are planning a dinner one night as well as possibly a steak lunch out by the aircraft one afternoon.

4.  There is no charge to attend the Helio Anniversary gathering itself.  We are using the EAA Convention as a central meeting place.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 07:55:58 PM by Nmackey295 »

Gordon Cragg

Re: 60th Anniversary of Helio Aircraft Celebration-Oshkosh 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone. We really need to get going on this 60th Anniversary Celebration of the Helio in Oshkosh the end of July 2014. Nathan Mackey posted several weeks ago and I received an email from Walt Fitzgerald who coordinated with EAA in 2004.
 It has  been proposed that we meet again and celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Helio Courier at this years Airventure.

At this point knowing your interest and ideas for for a fly-in is important.   

Time is short to reserve space so a prompt response is needed as to your intent to participate.

Walt Fitzgerald will again act as our liaison with the EAA. He indicates the we must arrive as a group and that parking and camping will be in the North 40 area.

Please respond promptly and directly to him at fitzgerald106@comast.net giving your name and aircraft registration number for preliminary planning purposes.

Exchange of ideas for the event are welcome and encouraged on this site

JimMeier

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:20:32 AM »
Plan to be there Wednesday - Friday with N7052K, all new refurbished HT-295.
Jim Meier
Hillsboro, Oregon

Doug Johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
That tail number didn't seem familiar.

Did you mean N5072K   c/n 1251 s/n (66-14349) H/T-295/U10D ?

I see N7052K is a PA-20
Doug

JimMeier

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:37:58 PM »
Yep.... Hawaii' warm winter does strange things to my memory. N5072K

Ken Berger

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »
I will be there, but alas I'll be flying my new experimental amphibian Searey N249PW.

My H295 is hangered while my wife and I have fun flying the new plane.

Let us know what row you'll be in and we'll stop by.

Ken
Ken

Nmackey295

• New Poster
  • Helio lover for many years.
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
I spoke with Walt a few days ago and he has not received a lot of response from possible attendees sooner rather than later as EAA will not reserve parking spaces without notification of the owners and aircraft flying in as part of a type group. My understanding is that EAA also requires that the aircraft of same type fly in as a group if they want to park in the same area.

Walt's email is fitzgerald106@comcast.net. As a back up you can email me as well, Nathan Mackey, heliocourier@gmail.com.

gearedone

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 05:02:46 PM »
I will be available for aircraft detailing during the entire Airventure week, I have 40 years in professional aircraft painting and aircraft detailing.

Call in advance for times and set-up

Stephen
Oshkosh, WI
920-203 2079