Author Topic: 1400 Series Royalite Interior Parts  (Read 5426 times)

Gordon Cragg

1400 Series Royalite Interior Parts
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:18 AM »
Good Morning All;
I am wondering if anyone needs the royalite interior pieces out of my H-295? It was removed to put the JAAR's door in. I really want to sell this as a lot for $200.00. Note shipping will probably be expensive as this will be sent in a large box.
Gordon Cragg
713-502-7274
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:07:47 AM by Gordon Cragg »

yukonranger

Re: 1400 Series Royalite Interior Parts
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »
What is the Jarrs door?

gearedone

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 02:32:02 PM »
Left hand litter door. It is what I'm assuming

gearedone

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »
Well too bad, I answered the question. There are two types, the that lifts up gull-wing style and the one that opens to the rear, JAARS had an incident where the door opened in flight and not secured properly..

Anything else you want to know??

Doug Johnson

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:36:45 AM »
OK Stephen, you answered the question, you even posted a picture of c/n 509 with the pilots door ajar difficult to see if it has a baggage door.

But unless you are very familiar with the Helio it wouldn't explain the difference between a Jaars Cargo Door and a Helio factory Litter door. I suspect most people don't even know there is a difference between, the litter door and Jaars cargo door

By the way I was told that Aaron Tippins Helio c/n 509 was exported from Vermont to one of the Baltic Countries Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania, But the FAA file just says Russia.

Do You know where it went.

Do you know which Helio the door opened on I would think that would be a reportable incident. I believe I have that incident listed somewhere but I wondered why it was reported but a Jaars baggage door would definitely be an accident. I've been told that the gullwing door just lifts up about 3/4s open and if someone is with you you can slow down to 60 or 70 and close it.

Doug
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:34:34 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

jmetzler

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:52:17 AM »
Gentlemen,

A few clarifications to some of the previous "comments":

1. JAARS has a cargo door STC SA917SO, but it is not currently available due to the lack of some key parts.
2. JAARS cargo door does not require or use a different pilot's door. The factory door is used.
3. There was an incident in 2000 on the other side of the world where the cargo door was not latched right and it opened in flight. There was some damage to the door and to the side of the aircraft, all which were easily repaired.
4. The JAARS cargo door can be opened and closed fully with the flaps lowered 40 degrees.
5. The Helio factory used the gull wing style door, hinged on top, on some of the later Helios.

Jim Metzler

Doug Johnson

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »
Thanks Jim,
I was hoping you would check in. I will go back and edit my previous posts and get rid of misinformation. I asked a friend how Jaars got rid of the the shirt tail catcher and I was told he thought Jaars changed the pilots door as well. I accepted it as fact without checking.

My Helio had the gullwing litter door with the post sticking up in the middle. Installed by Larry Montgomery.

How do the lower corners of the Pilots door and the Jaars cargo door fit together without the shirt tail catcher post? Is their a modification to the Pilots door? Do you have a picture by chance, that shows that detail, of how the doors match up?

I was also told the gull wing door was developed by the Helio factory as a litter door for the U-10B (The 395 part number seems to indicate this) with help from the CIA. The FAA files show that the CIAs King Hurly Research group put c/n 081, 086, 087 in the experimental category to develop if not the litter door the split in the middle fold inwards up and down, paradrop door and most of the H-391 upgrades to H-395 model including the GO-480 eng.

My understanding is that the litter door wasn't offered as a factory option until the 1400 series.

Also which Helio had the door come open.

Doug
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:22:20 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Jason Stephens

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »
Your litter door looks exactly like what is on our U-10B project.  Anyone know if this is approved for opening in flight?  Is it the same as the paratroop door?

Jim, why did JAARS prefer their design to the gullwing style?

Doug Johnson

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
Jason,
I thought the para door opened in the middle with the top half folding up and the bottom half folding down but looking at the picture it appears the door is removable in flight in two pieces and stowable within the aircraft.

Doug
Doug