Author Topic: Helio Courier Yoke Emblems  (Read 3383 times)

TreeTopFlyer

Helio Courier Yoke Emblems
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:09 AM »
Got A Question...Did helio make yoke emblems?....I thought I had seen some of these...and if so does anybody have a couple? Or know where I can get them.....

Stephen thanks for the tail emblem but its not the one I'm looking for....If you type in VH-UND i.e. Ed Coates picture of my plane back in April 1966....it has the emblem I'm looking for.....anybody have a copy of these.....and made any recently?

It's the sun emblem with the arrow thru it....with Helio in bold letters and Courier in cursive...

Ken Berger

Re: Helio Courier Yoke Emblems
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
Yes, Helio made emblems for the H-295s.  I don't recall if the older yokes had an emblem or not.

I was able to save my old ones, so I didn't have to remake them, but I will take a photo of one and post the photo here.  Suggest you have a sign shop blow up the photo and remake using photoshop and an inkjet signmaker (with the type certificate holder's written copyright permission of course!).  The material for the emblems is sticky backed shinny silver metalic foil.

Ken
Ken

Ken Berger

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
Here is a distant photo.  I'll take a better photo that is alot closer:

Ken

TreeTopFlyer

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »
Thanks Ken,

Closeup photo's would be greatly appreciated as would any closeup photo's of the tail emblem if you have them.......Again Thanks....

Hey a little history....I stopped by at Stephen Murrays shop back in the 90's...my guess 96-98...he was working on a restoration....which I believe was N295LA.....Then saw it for sale around 2002...but didn't have the $ to buy it then.....a few years go by and I find it for sale again in Carson City circa 2007.....the following week I owned it.....he did an awesome job on it.....

Anyway Thanks,
Chris

Gordon Cragg

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
As Ken said, I don't know if the earlier Couriers had yoke emblems. When the factory went to the 1400 series yoke (Ken's photo) they placed the emblem in the yoke center. This was made of an embossed stamped foil. I was able to take one off my 1400 series yoke. I have a shop that specializes in replicating these and should have some extras available shortly. The price quote for 10 units was $250.00 so I am guessing $25 ea plus shipping.
Gordon Cragg
713-502-7274

Ken Berger

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
Yes, Steve is one of the masters at Helios. 

I'm attaching two photos below of the tail emblem.  A local sign shop here has it all ready to go on their computer for vinyl.  Contact me if you want to get a price from them (subject to type certificate copyright permission of course).

Yoke photo to come after I next visit my hanger.

Ken

Ken

Ken Berger

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 10:06:29 PM »
So, here is a close-up of the yoke emblem.  My opinion is that the label is made by a flexographic label manufacturer, based on having owned a commercial printing company for the last 34 years.

The white-ish frosted area looks to be the foil frosted over with a white tint.  The shiny area is the underlying foil showing through.  The words Helio and Courier are embossed and raised, with the word Helio also printed black.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:11:34 PM by Ken Berger »
Ken

TreeTopFlyer

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 04:29:08 AM »
Ken and Gordon,

Thanks for the replies and info....I am definitely interested in the yoke emblems (2) Gordon and the Tail emblem (2) Ken.....I am traveling now.....I will be home mid-July and I will be in contact...Thanks for your help....

Ken can you post your number?

Again Thanks,
Chris

Ken Berger

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:12 PM »
Chris:

Just email me at my business email and we'll connect back channel.

staff@kennethberger.com

(360) 794-8882

Ken
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:07:42 AM by Ken Berger »
Ken