Author Topic: Purchase and Acquisition  (Read 4079 times)

mrhelio

Purchase and Acquisition
« on: April 23, 2010, 07:28:57 AM »
I recently came across a Helio ad in Controller by Plane Marketing Group in Vero Beach, FL. N5383G # 1249 ex-U-10D tri-gear. The AF serial no. # 66-14347 was originally to be exported to South East Asia but remained state-side, it was placed in storage in November of 1974. This airplane has been posted here for sale before, and is now being brokered through the aforementioned group. This is what bothers me. They say that anyone with Cessna 172 experience should be able to get into this Helio with a "breeze"...!!! The fact is that the airplane is nothing anywhere near a 172 in flight control, especially in take-off and pattern work, obviously these folks no nothing about the GO-480, and the way Helio's are flown. All I'm saying here is do your homework when you are planning to purchase a Helio, they are a  special purpose STOL airplane that demand respect and knowledge before you go jumping in and check-out around the pattern in 10 hours. For those of you who are new to Helio and on this forum, pay close attention!! These wonderful words of wisdom from brokers are nothing but a tool to sell airplanes and their direct knowledge of specific models do not reflect any experience in specialty type airplanes..!!

Please read this ad very carefully

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/HELIO-H-295/1967-HELIO-H-295/1169027.htm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:45:32 AM by mrhelio »

c/stolaircraft

Re: Purchase and Acquisition
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »
I told them that for safety that a cessna pilot shouldn't jump into it fly away maybe they will change it to training should be taken before flying away without a good helio pilot.

Reuben
Reuben, future mission pilot and helio fan

mrhelio

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »
You need to understand the concept of flying the Helio, not that hard, but remember they do not fly like anything else, tri-gear or not!!

Ken Berger

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »
I have a 1969 round window military Helio H-295 fusalage only for sale.  It is pretty stripped down, but still has:

a data plate
the doors
the hand crank flap and trim assembly
the pedals and pedals assembly
the instrument panel
the control hoop with bearings and gears
the firewall
a mostly dent free body

This may be the perfect experimental turbine conversion starter .

Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing all or part.  Ken Berger family@kennethberger.com
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:30:06 PM by Ken Berger »
Ken

mrhelio

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:18:46 AM »
Ken,

You should have let me know you at Oshkosh this year would have loved to meet up