Author Topic: Jonesboro, AR tornado  (Read 1106 times)

Kevin Dunn

Jonesboro, AR tornado
« on: March 29, 2020, 02:48:52 PM »
Tim,

I have seen pics of some damage at the airport there in Jonesboro. Just wondering if you are ok?

Kevin

Jason Stephens

Re: Jonesboro, AR tornado
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 07:32:56 PM »
I saw a video of that tornado.  Frightening stuff for sure.

tmcnamara

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 05:15:40 PM »
Hi Kevin,
I just saw this...sorry it's so late for a reply. We are fine. We moved to Mountain Home Ar area so it didn't affect us personally. The Helio was up in my hanger at Paragould and it's fine. Just finished a very extensive annual and got her up and going again in tiptop shape.

I had also kept our 180 hp Super Cub up in Paragould until a few weeks ago when I had an offer for her too good to pass up and so I sold it to a friend. He decided to keep it at Jonesboro and sadly it was destroyed. It was a '67 model that World Aerobatic Champ Henry Haigh rebuilt before he died. It had every mod and was perfect. A really nice plane. Hated to see it get rolled up.

Anyway, Thank you for your concern. We bought a home with a hanger at 61AR (Valley Airport in Cotter Ar). Fly down sometime if you get a chance.

Best regards,
Tim McNamara MD

paullapoint

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 05:52:29 PM »
Small world. Henry’s son offered me that Supercub but he wanted over $200,000 for it and I wanted a Helio.

Kevin Dunn

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 02:56:11 PM »
Tim,

Glad to hear you and the Helio made it through ok. Hard to look at the pictures of the Super Cub. Obviously it was a nice airplane. Thanks for the update on your location. I do need to get down there.

Take care,

Kevin