Author Topic: EAA 2019  (Read 486 times)

tailhook

EAA 2019
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »
Hello All,

After a major health setback due to serious combat issues from 16 months in the bush in Vietnam I've spent the last 90 days in the VA Hospital in Milwaukee, now that seems to have subsided. I'm unfortunately unable to meet up with everyone at Air Venture for 2019. Home now under limited physical activity prevents me from wandering around the grounds at EAA.

Recently came across the demise of N6314V in Seward, AK and after a lengthy discussion with Kem about considerations of the purchase of the H-250, he was a former pilot with Wright Air Service in Fairbanks, so his exposure to Helio was at best fairly substantial. I will not make any speculation as to cause and circumstance regarding the fatal crash. Our sincere condolences, thoughts, and prayers are with all involved.

I'll get back to everyone shortly, for now, I have to get back to speed again and move forward. Big plans are under way for another Helio Gathering installment, when that comes to fruition I'll be sure to let all of you know.

Cheers,
Stephen

Jason Stephens

Re: EAA 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 01:02:58 PM »
Very glad you are doing better Stephen!  Was worried about ya.

JamesCaird

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 02:30:43 PM »
Wishing you the best, Stephan.  Sorry you cannot make it.  H22 (N400HE) is in the process of being put back on conventional/tailwheel gear.  Cheers/ Bob Wallace

Kevin Dunn

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 08:50:42 PM »
Good to hear you are doing better.  Missed you at OSH19.

Kevin