Author Topic: c/n 1466, N6DB  (Read 1509 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 1466, N6DB
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:22:48 AM »
4 picture check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N6DB or anything click on   http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1466, built 01/74 as model H-295, original registry N68860 John Roberts ltd (dealer) SC incident wind storm damage no details @ unknown place time repaired Dean Tremaine KS sold '76, rereg N331CM (Coal Miner ?) Pine Branch Coal Sales KT sold '78, rereg N184CB Crain Bros inc (Neil Crain) LA sold '86, rereg N282T O.L. Peacock co SC sold '87, rereg N6DB named “Desert Bear”Sal Avia inc (Gerald Auerbach) TX installs temp 80 gal fuel tank for trip to Europe installed Schweitzer Glider Tow hook sold '91, Circle Star Aircraft corp (John McGinnis) FL accident the pilot was on landing roll out when the aircraft started turning to the right. The pilot applied left rudder with negative results. The left main landing gear collapsed and the aircraft sustained substantial damage. The pilot was not injured. Examination of the aircraft by an A&I mechanic revealed the tail wheel lock pawl had failed @ Lantana FL 9/92 sold '94, Pyxis ltd (Eric Stirling) AK installed Gar Aero tundra tires accident pilot, sole occupant was completing a cross-country CFR Part 135 flight to deliver fuel and supplies to hunters in a remote area. He was landing on a 700 feet long tundra bench in a tundra tire equipped aircraft during the landing roll, the left main wheel struck a Marmot hole that was not visible from the air. The left tire deflated and the aircraft ground looped, receiving damage to the left wing and tail wheel assembly @ Artic Village AK 8/94 sold, Niels Irgens-Moller CA reg cancelled '96, rereg OY-ODB Denmark (mark painted on) export canceled reg cancelled as ntu sold '99, rereg N6DB Mark Cameron  San Luis Obispo, CA

As always any further information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

since it has a valid registry it would be nice to have a recent picture

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:06:24 AM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 1466, N6DB
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:03:04 AM »
added two photos
Doug

mcslo

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:26:23 AM »
Hard to believe I've had 6DB for 20 years...  The picture above is on the bank of the Ambler River (south side of the Brooks Range, AK).  Sorry I'm slow (and late. and sporadic...) to the group.

Mark

mcslo

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:07 AM »
Here are a couple of more recent photos.  At Wilson Bar ID a couple summers ago. Hopefully I get the upload resolution correct...