Author Topic: Looking for flap position sender  (Read 213 times)

Doug Schrage

Looking for flap position sender
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
Does anybody have a flap position sender they could part with, or a source for one? This is for N6471V. At annual, we found the sender to be badly corroded. Thanks in advance.

Doug Johnson 1

Re: Looking for flap position sender
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:38:43 AM »
I can't help with your position sender but if your flap tracks aren't already marked with a 10o, 20o, 30o, and 40o large visual reference marks so you can just glance outside and see the flap position they should be.

Its also a good way to double check if you corectly counted the crank turns with manual flaps

I used one of those paint sticks kind of like a magic marker.  A regular marker won't work just fades away.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:42:31 AM by Doug Johnson 1 »

rmartell

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:07 PM »
I believe I may have an indicator. I have an electric flap, brain box and sender which I wont be using in my aircraft. Send me a photo if you have.

Doug Johnson 1

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
Robert,

Are you converting 1295 to manual flaps?

How is your 1295 project progressing, someone told me you were having issues because of using the H-395 in the rebuild, forget who it was, any truth to that?

Is it time for progress photos yet.

Doug Schrage

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:11 PM »
I believe I may have an indicator. I have an electric flap, brain box and sender which I wont be using in my aircraft. Send me a photo if you have.

Super, thanks very much! I'll get a photo tomorrow and send it along.

rmartell

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
Yes,  the manual flap system has been installed in the airframe. Havent heard any positive feedback on the electric flap motor.

The delay on the re-build is a result of my AME leaving the profession. I found another AME that took over the project, however, this was a costly venture.
Its been on hold for a year with plans of working on it again this winter.

Most of the airframe work is complete - dry fitting doors, cowling, etc. to have ready for spraying. If the Canadian dollar smartens up I need to purchase the EDM 930 and Garmin GNS to finish off the panel upgrade.

I can load some pictures shortly.