General Category > Helio Modifications

Raised Instrument Panels

(1/1)

Namaolen:
Hi,  Does anyone out in the Helio world know where I could get ahold of some raised left and right instrument panels as shown in the picture. Is there a company out there that can make them for a Helio instrument panel.  See the attached picture.
Thanks
Len

Gordon Cragg:
The panels pictured in the image are not factory originals. They were probably made by a radio shop during an installation of some type.
The original left hand (pilot) panel is a stamped hydroformed piece, with the curved edges that looks like a Beechcraft Baron or Bonanza panel. The right hand panel was a structural panel.
We have access to the left hand panel die, however, there has not been enough interest to have some stamped out.
Gordon Cragg
713-502-7274

Doug Johnson:
That's a 1400 style panel but if you enlarge the picture you can see the raised portion on both sides are flat panels raised using rubber vibration dampeners. Relatively easy to make.

I personally believe the U-10D panel is the way to go as did Larry Montgomery it is non-symmetrical lower on the right side. It gives you slightly better visibility on the right side while taxiing.

The Helio I know of that has that panel is 1217 and 1251.  I will attach a picture also notice the cut out in the Yoke and spring loaded wire bail on the left yoke it holds an approach page right in front of you. I believe 1251 was modified and raised too much on the left side.

I always intended to modify my yoke but couldn't find the clipboard that the wire was taken off of.

I also attached a picture of 1233's panel I made the padded glare shield I also put green instrument lighting under the overhang like is used in some expensive cars.

Namaolen:
Thanks guys,  my Helio has the left raised panel so I'm going to see if there is a shop that can punch out a right side panel and will likely get a couple made if the price is right. It makes life so much easier if a person wants to upgrade to a glass panel at a later date.   

Len

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version