General Category > Helio Modifications

Bushwheels

(1/2) > >>

yukonranger:
When I last bought Bushwheels only the 29" ones where certified for the Helio. They have been great and lasted a long time.  Now I see that the 31" and 35" ones are approved for the Helio.  Has anyone used these?  How do you like them?  Any issues with tailwheel shimmy?  Thanks

yukonranger:
Never mind.  Looks like only the 26" and 29" versions are approved

RCarter:
The 31" are cerfitied on the 391b and the 395.  I have seen a number of 395s with the 3800 lbs gw and 31" tires.  But that combinations is not recommended as the sidewalls are too soft. I spent a lot of hours talking with the folks at bushwheels about the options for my 295.  I went with the 29x11x10 instead of the bushwheels, but it did sound like the heavy walled 29" would have been a great tire!

Denis:
witch one with the Goodyears crosswind landing gear ??

RCarter:
I had crosswind gear until I walked in the door at bushwheels.  There are just not many tires that I could find that fit on the 8" wheel of the crosswinds.  Before I got my 29x11x10s I had a 22" tire on the crosswind gear.  I flew that setup for about 50 hours before switching to a 10" wheel and a straight axle.  I did look around for a bigger tire to mount on the croswswind hub, but the 22" seemed to be about as big as I could get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version