Author Topic: c/n 1471, XB-GHQ  (Read 1331 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 1471, XB-GHQ
« on: May 30, 2015, 03:15:37 AM »
No picture check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about XB-GHQ or anything click on   http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1471, built 03/7 as model H-295, original registry N68866 John Roberts ltd SC (dealer) sold '74 failed export to South Africa sold '75, Two Jacks Inc (dealer) sold '76, James Zuckerman M.D. MA install 3,800lb up-gross place on Edo 3430 floats sold '81, Air America (Rik Luytjes) PA sold '86, C. Bird FL sold '87, Kenneth Larson FL remove floats installed crosswind gear steerable tailwheel sold '89, Ken Noe (dealer) OK sold '90, Stanley Hermens OR sold '95, dereg export rereg as XB-GHQ unknown location, Mexico J. E. Coronel Vega,  unknow status ?

anyone know anything about the location or condition of this one

As always any further information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Doug

Doug Johnson 1

Re: c/n 1471, XB-GHQ
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 03:26:15 AM »
Some final pictures of c/n 1471, as XB-GHQ found in Helio c/n 1437 being rebuilt by Steve Muray, The tail-cone from 1471 was used to repair 1437.

After an accident this A/C was transported by truck to Aero Pacific (Steve Murray) Carlsbad, CA for the purpose of accident investigation.  It was eventually purchased by Steve Murray as parts I have no record of The Mexican Registry being cancelled or of any import to the US. In fact the in the pictures it looks repairable but if there was no import that may have been the reason the A/C was disassembled for parts.

In the pictures note that only two prop blades are bent which would indicate the engine was not running when the gear collapsed in what appears to be an off airport very hard forced landing.

Below is what I added to the 'History Paragraph' above.

Coronel Vega accident badly damaged during off airport forced landing no wreck details @ 20 miles SW of Hermosillo Mexico 08/95 , possible engine failure only 2 prop blades bent r/wing tip damaged both gear legs folded up center fuselage belly badly damaged from gear collapse , a/c partially disassembled wreck transported by truck for inspection in wreck investigation from Mexico to CA as XB-GHQ, dereg '?, export '?, sold to Steve Murray, N-reg ntu, salvaged for parts tail-cone used to repair c/n 1437, data plate now in Bob Bursiel's possession

Anyone Know if that is Steve Murray in Photo #3 and #4?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:55:42 AM by Doug Johnson 1 »

Doug Johnson 1

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 03:27:34 AM »