Author Topic: c/n 1423, RA-2365G  (Read 3801 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 1423, RA-2365G
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »
2 picture check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N6463V or anything click on   http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1423, built 03/70 as model H-295 original registry N6463V (reg reused) Factory install Rayjay/Riley Turbocharger, John Roberts SC sold '75, Senator Jack Tannehill NM sold '77, dereg export reg as C-GIXT Victoria Flying serv BC sold '78, W.H. Groundwater BC sold '?, Cougar Air BC sold '?, J. Trembath BC sold '86, dereg export rereg as N6463V (reg later reused on c/n 1233) Joseph Tedesco WA sold '96, dereg export reg as C-FXQY H.B.D. Holding ON installed 3,800lb upgross placed on floats sold '07, Alberta Inc (Doug Mitton) AB  incident airplane was flipped over in windstorm and was upside down underwater while being turned upright wings and carry through were damaged @ Pat Bay BC 11/81 repaired sold 10/13, reg cancelled export RA-2365G, Evgueny Tvorogov Chelyabinsk, Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcSCsFXRGg&list=PLVuCiVfn3MhVK3bstULzAvgfHVe7wSaKd"

As always any further information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I received an email from a person that is going to make a trip to Russia. He is going to attempt to contact Evgueny and get some pictures.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:04:20 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 1423, RA-2365G
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:21:26 AM »
I just recieved an Email from Evgueny Tvorogov current owner of c/n 1423 the registry is now RA-2365G.

The airpane is in good condition but he intends to do a complete restoration and at that time He would like to install extra long range fuel tanks seems to me the only way would be to get a copy of STC SA1756CE or build a set of extended wing tip fuel tanks like those installed on Jay Jensens Experimental Hellacious Helio.

He would also like to install a cargo door I will send him a copy of Steve Murrays 337 the only one I know of with detailed drawings of the utility door that opens upward.

Anyone have drawings of the cargo door that opens to the rear. Personally I prefer the door that opens upward because its a minor inconvenience if it opens in flight while the one that opens to the rear is a quite an event. I looked hard at modifying mine by squareing the corner to eliminate the shirt tail catcher. I was also loooking at a removable post in the middle of that large opening to stengthen the Helio and mostly to give you something to grab ahold of other than the seat back or yoke when loading or climbing in left or right, another project idea that never got past measuring drawing a couple sketches.

Next month he intends to visit Moscow and meet the man who bought the three Helios in Peru.
and he will keep me advised about those planes

Anyone else have any ideas for him.
Doug

RCarter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »
Really appreciating your posts Doug!  I know it was your resolution for 2015 to post information about every serial number and I would say you have certainly met your resolution head on for the benefit of the rest of the community!  Thank you.

Small correction on the most recent picture.  That is my plane 6469V, c/n 1420.  It is not a great quality picture and it really does look like 6463V. Photo was taken last summer on the bank of the Kustatan river.  I met some friends out there who were Cessna 185 drivers for a fun, if unproductive, afternoon of fishing.  They were 185 drivers who had never really seen a Helio up close.  They sure were jealous when it came time to leave and i had so much room in the back and easy access to it with that stock right hand door.  Might have made a convert out of one of them right then and there!  If I had had the big cargo door I am pretty sure he would have stolen my plane from me that very day.

I think I speak for the whole community, when I say thank you for your posts for this past year!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:48:29 PM by RCarter »

Doug Johnson

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 08:03:26 PM »
Added first photo above as of c/n 1423 as N6463V. This registry was reused on c/n 1233 after I sold it. removed Photo

I've forgotten who sent me that pic, because I didn't write it down. RCarter sent the photo.

I also had it misfiled as c/n 1420 apparently because of the similar paint scheme,

Please remind me whoever you are. thanks for the correction without beating me up.

I'll check my previous 1420 post

moved picture to c/n 1420            http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?topic=1046.msg4319#msg4319
Doug