Author Topic: c/n 1417, N6465V  (Read 1822 times)

Doug Johnson

c/n 1417, N6465V
« on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:32 AM »
7 picture check your albums. Please do an internet search maybe you'll come up with one I couldn't find, I need all the help I can get.

Previous posts about N6465V or anything click on   http://flyhelio.com/smf/index.php?action=search  Enter ?

c/n 1417, built 09/69 as model H-295 original registry N6465V Factory installs strobe lt and Rayjay/Riley turbocharger, Pacific Gas Transmission co WA sold '78, Pilot Air Assoc (Kenneth Reed) CO incident pilot discovered he had no left brake during taxi @ Eagle CO 01/79 removed Rayjay/Riley turbocharger sold '83, Larry Montgomery SC (Larmont Aviation dealer) sold '83, Al Wright placed on Edo 3430 floats installed 3,800lb up-gross accident flight was departing a previously used 1,000 foot long gravel bar in a southbound direction from a remote area of a river during the take-off run, the airplane had just attained flying speed, and suddenly veered to the right. The airplane lifted off with a nose high pitch attitude. The tail struck a tree along the edge of the gravel bar, jamming the stabilator. The pilot pushed forward on the flight controls, but was unable to lower the nose of the airplane. The airplane climbed to about 100 feet above the ground, then stall/mushed descending to the river, it collided with the water and sank about 3 feet before coming to rest. The airplane received damage to the right main landing gear, elevator, fuselage, and engine @ Fort Yukon 8/97 sold '99, Bursiel Equip (Wright air Serv, Bob Bursiel) AK (9th of 12) installed Bendix fuel injection, accident the aircraft was landing at an off airport strip when the right main landing gear collapsed. The gear leg had broken just below the support strut from fatigue @ near Fairbanks AK 2/05, placed on wheel skis accident the pilot was conducting a flight to a remote airstrip. On final approach to land, he noticed he was too low, and initiated a go around, but the airplane continued to descend and collided with trees at the approach end of the runway. The pilot reported there were no pre-accident mechanical anomalies with the airplane. The airplane sustained structural damage to the wings and fuselage @ Fairbanks AK 02/05, repaired 07/07 with wings from c/n 1435, (Wright Air Service) Bob Bursiel Fairbanks, AK Accident aircraft impacted trees following a loss of engine power shortly after takeoff @ Minto Al Wright Airport (51Z), Minto, AK '?, moderate damage, currently located in Alaska Claims Insurance Adjusters yard Wolf Lake airport Wasilla AK, salvage purchased 9/16 from insurance adjusters by Bob Bursiel Project aircraft or parts ?

As always any further information or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

I've been told that the reason Wright air has been able to make the fuel injection system work while the factory couldn't (because of running rough at low rpm)was because they incorporated two different fuel injection systems with Gami injectors. I don't see this in the 337 below. I also found a Seabee advisory to change the fuel pump rotor to one with a different no. of blades because there was potential at low rpm and low fuel pressure for fuel pump pulses to match or resonate with the injection distributor pulses causing it to run rough.

I would sure like to know exactly what was done and which two systems were used.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:47:05 AM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

Re: c/n 1417, N6465V
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 05:28:41 PM »
 Just received an email

Hey Doug,  just found that N6465V has gone up for tender with the insurance adjusters    www.aircraftsalvageonline.com

you don't have to sign up for the site just enter as a guest.

downloaded the 4 photos and will attach them and open above and also update the history paragraph.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:03:41 PM by Doug Johnson »
Doug

Doug Johnson

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »
Thanks for E-mail Paul, updated history, see above.

Salvage purchased 9/16 from insurance adjusters by Bob Bursiel

Ayone know if c/n 1417, N6465V is scheduled for just Repair or will it be a Project aircraft or will it become parts ?
Doug

Doug Johnson 1

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:06:06 AM »
Well I woke up earlier than normal because of this daylight savings time change.

Why do we even need daylight saving time, I think we should go to regular time and stay there.

I decided to post a couple of pictures since I'm sitting here waiting for the day to start. I'll probably need a nap this afternoon.

Does anyone know if c/n 1417, N6465V is back in service.

I found a couple of photos at the Wright Air site and I have the sunrise/sunset picture that I posted as an unidentified Helio.

I thought the unidentified Helio might be c/n 1454, N42DC that Wright Air scrapped after an accident that I don't have a picture of.

But after manipulating the picture contrast, sharpness, size, enhancement, color, and whatever I have decided the picture is probably c/n 1417 N6465V because of color and I think I see a 65 in the blur of the registry mark if I squint my eyes just right when enlarged.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:17:42 AM by Doug Johnson 1 »